World Walking Day
Taking into account the many benefits of Walking related to health and pleasure of people of all ages TAFESA has developed, and ASFAA fully support
Since the World Walking Day is designed as a means to attract as many people as possible each event should pay attention to the following rules. They are a prerequisite for an event to be officially classified by?TAFISA?as "World Walking Day".
1. The event should be open to all sections the population i,e, families, handicapped, seniors etc...
2. The main route should not exceed 12 km (8 miles) and tend to be level and non-arduous.
3. A range of various routes should be offered to accommodate different levels of physical fitness (trained and untrained participants).
4. The walk route selected should not contain hazards, which could cause injury.
5. Safety and Security arrangements must be taken into account.
6. Events where extreme temperatures are a factor need to follow specific precautions.